Sunday, October 30, 2005

My Last Day of Soccer



Today is my last day of watching Italian soccer. My cable company is switching the Italian channel to digital and I don't think it's worth paying a whole lot more just for this, which can sometimes take up a bit too much of my time on Sundays anyway. I'll save my soccer-watching for the world cup in Germany in June. By that time, I may be able to kick a soccer ball weakly myself.

Today I went swimming and did a workout at the Kinsmen. The knee felt OK and the swim felt amazing. I used a pullboy to float my legs, since I can't really kick. I spent some time treading some water in an aquajogger too, and a young woman in a wheelchair came along and was helped into the pool by an assistant. She had really skinny legs (I suppose they wre atrophied), and the assistant strapped a piece of foam between her legs so she could swim. Once in the water, she swam in the fast lane. It was awesome inspiration!

Last night I went to an Ultimate party for Halloween. It was great to see my COQ team-mates, the first time since surgery. I went as an injured bull-runner from Pamplona. Only one party-goer properly identified me!

Jim gave me some excellent tips on taking care of my knee. He was also telling me about the near-certainty of arthritis in my future. Bummer!

3 Comments:

Blogger weblogz said...

Vespa Queens Looks For Queens in Vespa Ad
The Bitchless blog has pointed out that, leveraging its Queens, NY location to reach the gay audience, Vespa Queens has placed an ad in gay newspaper New York Blade .
Just like so many Americans my friend loves the clubs and hip hop lyrics so he went ahead and built an awesome website about hip hop lyrics. When he's in high spirit he goes to the site and start reciting all his favorite hip hop lyrics. Says it's good for the heart. Guess what? I gave it a shot and it works great!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

4:43 PM  
Blogger Julia Elvarado said...

Yeshim Blog - Forbes Cover Story "Attack of the Blogs"
The Forbes story was featured Friday night on CNBC's 4-minute segment. Steve Rubel was part of... Teaching Kids Programming: Even Younger Kids Can Learn Java One day my son Dave showed up in my office with my ...
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to how to repair a road bicycle on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like how to repair a road bicycle!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home